ABOUT Dr. Sergio Del Hoyo
Dr. Sergio Del Hoyo is an established bariatric surgeon in Mexico, as well as a laparoscopic surgeon and weight loss surgeon with over 15 years of experience in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. He is certified by important specialty-associated councils, and member of associations, such as:
- Mexican General Surgery Association (amcg.org.mx).
- Mexican Endoscopic Surgery Association (amce.com.mx).
- Mexican College of Metabolic Disorders and Obesity Surgery (cmcoem.org.mx).
- International Federation of Obesity Surgery and Metabolic Disorders (ifso.com).
Dr. Sergio Del Hoyo has performed thousands of procedures in several surgical areas—such as general, laparoscopic and bariatric surgery in Mexico—with the highest standards of ethical responsibility, security, medical quality and bedside manner.
He is in personal contact with each and every one of his patients, addressing their unique needs and concerns, offering personalized solutions for each one of them, always taking into account their well-being and good choices for a favorable outcome, using cutting-edge surgical procedures.
- School of Medicine, University of Guadalajara, Center for Health Sciences, Department of Medicine, Guadalajara, MEXICO (DGP 4406249).
- Specialty in Surgery, Dr. Juan I Menchaca Civil Hospital, University of Guadalajara, MEXICO (DGP 4964017).
- Advanced training in laparoscopic, or minimally invasive surgery (MIS) and renal transplant.
- Certification in metabolic diseases and obesity-related surgery.
- Bariatrics and Obesity Treatments.
AWARDS & HONOURS
- Surgical team member at Mexico’s Social Security Institute, 2007 - 2015 Gastroenterology professor at Guadalajara University’s Puerto Vallarta campus (CUC), 2010.
- Staff member at San Javier Hospital Puerto Vallarta and Nuevo Vallarta, 2007-2016 (hospital certified by Mexico’s National Health Council).
- Staff member at Hospital CMQ Premiere Puerto Vallarta Bilingual, Spanish and English (TOEIC-Test of English for International Communication).
- Certified by Mexico’s General Surgery Council (C-120002).
- Certified as Metabolic Disorders and Obesity Surgeon (Stages I, II).
- Advanced courses in Metabolic Disorders and Obesity Surgery at the IRCAD Laparoscopic Training Center, Strasbourg, France
- Multi-Disciplinary Diploma on Surgical Obesity Procedures, National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM).
- Ongoing participation in national and international medical symposia and update courses.